Below are links to external websites containing educational content for various Earth science topics. This page will continue to be edited over time; please feel free to contact Stefanie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have suggestions for additional links or if any of the current links become unresponsive!
- USGS “The Life Cycle of a Mineral Deposit – A Teacher’s Guide for Hands-On Mineral Education Activities”
- The American Mineralogist Journal of Earth and Planetary Materials has publications from 1916-1999 available for free
- Utah Geological Survey: What are minerals used for?
- Mineral identification chart
- “What are Minerals?”
- Classes of Crystalline Solids
- Minerals and Their Uses
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History has museum collection records (including those of the Department of Mineral Sciences) available to the pubic on their website. There are also lesson plans and student activities on their education page.
- The Science Spot has many Earth Science Lesson plans available on their website.
- Geology.com provides news, information, maps, teaching resources, and more on their website.
- The Environmental Protection Agency has lesson plans and teacher guides available here for the following subjects: air, climate change, ecosystems, energy, health, waste, and water.
- Search by grade level, subject, or common core standard to browse educational resources provided by the National Park Service here or peruse a list of available virtual field trips here.